Aftermarket or replacement coils suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket or replacement coils suggestion

Good morning everyone. I did an inventory on my parts that I will need to put my 1982 GS850GL back together and it seems that I can't find my coils. Can anyone suggest a replacement? I read that it would be a good upgrade, but I'm not finding what I should upgrade with.

Thanks for your help,
    Jason

Got a set of these on my 1000s best by far and even bolt up to same place as originals. Pretty sure ure 850 be same set up....... https://www.denniskirk.com/accel/sup....prd/20309.sku

Last edited by Guest; 03-01-2017, 07:52 AM.

Comment

I think the only other system that I have heard mentioned is Dyna.

The green, 3-ohm, dual-output coils are what you need, I think the part number is DC1-1.
      Cost is just over $160 each, but they can also be found on eBay for considerably less.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I bought a set of 1200 Bandit coils and dug out and threw away the old wires. Then I epoxied a set of Dyna wires with built in boots in their place. Been using the set up for years now. Probably cost me about $30.00

Paul Jones
        80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
          I bought a set of 1200 Bandit coils and dug out and threw away the old wires. Then I epoxied a set of Dyna wires with built in boots in their place. Been using the set up for years now. Probably cost me about $30.00
          I did similar, bought a set of 90's GSXR600 OEM coils and wires off fleabay. They bolted straight on and wires were the correct lengths. Been using them for years now with no issues.

Mark
          1982 GS1100E
          1998 ZX-6R
          2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

I've been running the same set of ACCEL super coils for 30 years now. Strong as ever.
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Well thank you everyone. I ordered a set of the Dyna's with wires for 125 on Ebay.

Comment

Working...
              X