Stator dance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stator dance!

Welp it's my turn! I finished the SH-775 upgrade with a fresh battery only to discover the bike won't charge.

Ran the resistance tests between the stator leads and was getting about 6 Ohms each, which posplayr says may/may not be an accurate indicator, so I ran the 5k RPM test. LL all checked good at 65-70VAC, but the leg-ground test showed about 35VAC for each lead.

Le sigh.

Originally posted by StratJeff View Post
    Welp it's my turn! I finished the SH-775 upgrade with a fresh battery only to discover the bike won't charge.

Ran the resistance tests between the stator leads and was getting about 6 Ohms each, which posplayr says may/may not be an accurate indicator, so I ran the 5k RPM test. LL all checked good at 65-70VAC, but the leg-ground test showed about 35VAC for each lead.

Le sigh.
    This is a classic example of why stator testing has been so frustrating in the past. The ohm meter tests appear ok even though they are all elevate which is probsbly a meter calibration issue.
    the L-L tests are low but you would assume passable. The L-G are showing obvious issues since anything non-zero is bad.

Comment

Is there a recommended stator source? Just looking around there's a pretty wide range of stators, is there a trusted dealer we like here? I'm seeing everything from $58 to $240, some shielded, most not.

Comment

Working...
      X