LED Coversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Coversion

I'm thinking about, converting my stock lighting on my 1986 gs400 to LED. Has anybody changed the light system with an led conversion kit will it fit using the h4hl setup, in the existing lighting assembly?
    Anyhow any input be appreciated thanks,

cheers,
    Welsh

I don't have a 400, but the only non-LED lights on my 850 are in the instrument cluster. You have a link to this "h4hl setup"?

What is your goal in this conversion? If it is for better light, it would depend on that h4hl setup. Some are an improvement, others are not.

If your goal is to save the load on the electrical system, it won't save anything with the stock charging system. The regulator will just shunt any excess over what the bike needs, the stator will STILL be maxing maximum power ALL THE TIME.

The only way to reduce any load on the charging system is to install a series-type regulator, similar to the Shindengen SH775, which is found in a Polaris Razr ATV. There are many threads on that topic.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hey thanks for the reply just looking for better light, and better projection really, just brainstorming ideas, that would work and may have already been tried and tested

Comment

Still looking for more info on your "h4hl" setup. There have been a few discussions on getting better lights on our bikes and technology keeps changing, so you might have found a viable solution.

Please share a link for what you found.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
        X