Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Many yellow wires in headlamp shell, which goes where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many yellow wires in headlamp shell, which goes where?

DSC_0032.jpg

As you can see now that I have changed the Suzuki GS1000G wiring loom for one in better condition, there are very many wires with with nothing to connect to, about 3 yellow green, one yellow, one three pinned connector. I am confused why so many extra wires?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Dave

Well I've gone back to the old loom, it wasn't so bad once the switch gear was replaced. Most of the dodgy wiring was because of user bodges which are easily repaired. At least it has the right number of connector for the bike now, seems US looms are quite different from Europe.

Comment

On my 82' GS1100E it looks to me like Suzuki bought up shares of some copper company before they started production. There is so much extra length of wires in the headlight shell that its unbelievable... in fact, I think that's the reason for our "Train Light" headlights... it was the only way they could make the shell big enough to hold all the extra wire.
      1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

The other strange thing I noticed was how tight the connectors were stuck together (switchgear to main loom), the only way i could get them apart was by inserting a screwdriver and twisting, to get the screwdriver in there involved some damage. WD40, prising, pulling, cursing nothing would get them apart. I wonder what's holding them together so tight, there was no glue or anything in there.

Comment

Working...
        X