Anyone try these coil/wire combo on ebay from ibuyisell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone try these coil/wire combo on ebay from ibuyisell

Priced out dyna greens , looking for alternative. http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Perform...53.m1438.l2649

Looks good, but hard to say.....only one review on e-bay. Always check reviews

Comment

Nobody used them? Price is inexpensive for a drop in kit. Contacted seller waiting on responce. If the plug wires screw into the coil(replaceable) will buy them and give a review. Got a bunch of relays left over from a engine swap in a car, so will do the coil/relay mod. at the same time.
      Last edited by Guest; 07-14-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hacri View Post
        Looks good, but hard to say.....only one review on e-bay. Always check reviews
        Huh , I check feed back scores to make sure seller isn't a flake , never looked at the reviews as got no idea if reviewer is a flake. Usually only deal with a few sellers on fleabay, too many people trying to sell junked out part$$$... Just been the last couple months ebay has been sending me request to review purchases. Never done it. Though I do post up reviews on a couple mopar and truck forums I go to for assistance. But I digress, this is more for another post on ebay.

Comment

I'm going to bookmark in case of my current coils going bad. I'm going to assume if there is an issue with them, the seller would rectify any issues based on the sheer number of sales and feedback.

Only other time it's come up here is:

Comment

review kind of ... time will be the judge

Unboxed them today. OK product. no name caps, no name coils , solid 8 strand copper wires maybe 6mm.Cables are held in the coil with externally locking clips (see pics) to replace with a 7-8mm wire set would be a PTA , though the caps supplied would take a large dia. cable. Kit is complete with everything to install. Coils are a bit more compact then the stock ones. Hardest part of the install was loosing the fasteners on the original coils. Noticed no difference after install compared with originals. Did the relay mod, again noticed no difference, but the bike was running fine in the first place, so no surprise. I replaced because one of the plug wires had melted a bit at sometime in the past and been wrapped with rubber tape. Bugged me and did not want to see how it ran in the rain like that. Whole process took me 3 hours but I soldered my connectors and use heat shrink . Did get to use the trick of super glueing the lock washers to the nutz to make it ez'r to bolt the coils to their brackets. Bottom line , I would use them again and would recommend them if on a budget. If it was a bike I planned on keeping would go and spend the extra $$$ and get the Dyna greens. Have them on my KZ and they are a much nicer units. But you do have the expense of getting the wire and caps on top of the cost of the greenies... So I went the more affordable route this time.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Guest; 07-20-2017, 11:30 PM.

Comment

another view
              Attached Files

Comment

use the dialectic grease guys!

Whole reason I did this was to start making this bike to be water proof.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X