Help on wiring left signal contrôler.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dre View Post
    Well, because you don't know anything about this but you insist on commenting... first you connect the low beam switch to the white wire. Then the yellow to the high beam switch then the sb wire to the relay...etc... there's an order on a rewire.

Maybe Eddy should keep out of a conversation he knows nothing about.
    There is no "order on a "rewire", you must simply connect everything correctly.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Sure. The easy way would be to buy the identical one and just snap it in. I thought this was a forum to help people figure out problems by giving them advice on how to solve problems. An easier way would be to buy a new bike as well but I'm trying to fix my bike with the tools and parts that I have. I guess I'll just figure it out on my own. Thanks for the help everyone.

Comment

And what is the correct way? What wire goes where? Ie; the yellow wire goes to the high beam switch, the b/w is the ground, the s/b is the relay etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
          There is no "order on a "rewire", you must simply connect everything correctly.

Yes there is, cause if you connect 2 wires that have constant current you blow the fuse. And if you don't START with the ground, the circuit will remain open and the rest of your trouble shooting will be pointless so you need to begin with the proper sequence when rewiring something.

Comment

Have you downloaded your wiring diagram, reviewed it, and then checked the function of the new device against it?

Better yet, listen to what Ed and others are saying as they know plenty more about these bikes than you are giving them credit for
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Let a professional do it.

Skimming through your replies confirms that this forum will not be able to help you, as a certain basic level skill-set is simply missing (and I'm not referring to technical skills, not exclusively).

Also, you are using the wrong connectors.

So yes, let a pro do it.

If you're feeling bold, you can ask him if he shows you the ropes.

P.S. And before write your reply: People here have tried helping you. You have refused that help, and even wrote aggressive replies. I can only assume because help didn't come in the form you have expected.
              Last edited by roeme; 07-15-2017, 08:36 AM.
              #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
              #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
              #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
              #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                Have you downloaded your wiring diagram, reviewed it, and then checked the function of the new device against it?

Better yet, listen to what Ed and others are saying as they know plenty more about these bikes than you are giving them credit for
                I sure have. Well if they "knew" they'd be giving me helpful advice and not just trolling me. I have the wiring diagram. The problem isn't where what wire goes but how to connect them. The left control Switch groups certain wires together to complete the circuit. ie the s/b needs to be grouped with the signals to be sent to the relay. It's fine. I'll figure it out myself.
                Last edited by Guest; 07-15-2017, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post

Skimming through your replies confirms that this forum will not be able to help you, as a certain basic level skill-set is simply missing (and I'm not referring to technical skills, not exclusively).

So yes, let a pro do it.

P.S. And before write your reply: People here have tried helping you. You have refused that help, and even wrote aggressive replies. I can only assume because help didn't come in the form you have expected.
                  Those are temporary connectors as I figure out what goes where. It's easier than having a bunch of wires just twisted together.

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post

So yes, let a pro do it.

How is someone to learn if they run to a "professional " every problem they encounter. I can just buy a whole new unit and plug it in but that kinda defeats the point of doing it myself.

Comment

Does anyone know what wires go where and which ones need to be combined? Imy trying to rewire a new Switch but can't seam to get it right. I have the wiring schematics for the whole bike but it's quite confusing. When 4 wires are in a row on the schematic does that mean they need to be wired together?

I'm confused. Been at this for 2 days now.
                      Wires on the cicuit diagram are connected in specific ways...

-where two wires are spliced in the harness there is a solid Dot.
                      -where wires end in a switch (usually shown on top and bottom of diagrams,labelled and with a box drawn around) they are shown as "empty" dots that have lines to join them denoting a closed switch per that function..ie have a look at the turn signals "box".
                      -where a bunch of wires go into connectors that you can pull apart, they go into "rectangles"...well these are pretty plain I just can't think of a word!

Main thing is, wires that merely cross on the diagram do not connect. (though occassional mistakes will be seen- even the folks making these diagrams get confused)

Best plan is to print off a black and white version get som coloured pencils and starting from your head light or whatever,fill in the colours for that thing working back as far as the key switch at least (orange wire is power turned on from key)

"Ground" symbol defies my descriptive powers but it's pretty simple...the harness has a ground-bus wire usually connected at two places to frame and also, many devices do not attach to the bus-just the frame. HOWEVER, all electrics on forks, headlight basket DO connect to the ground bus. NONE connect to the forks so maybe advise you find the "ground bus" and mark it in.

Comment

Your 1100? is apparently different if it's got an automatic feature to turn them off BUT on simpler bikes,as a general rule, turn signals take the "+" power from the turn signal relay and send it through the bulbs, right or left and after the power has gone through the bulb , it goes to the "ground-bus" as mentioned above .

Headlights have their own independent circuit- their own fuse.

The turn signal relay gets it's + from the fuse box usually an orange wire with a stripe.

Comment

Yes there is, cause if you connect 2 wires that have constant current you blow the fuse. And if you don't START with the ground, the circuit will remain open and the rest of your trouble shooting will be pointless so you need to begin with the proper sequence when rewiring something.
                          First off, disconnect the stinkn battery! Then connect the proper wires where they need to go. There is NO specific order of connecting. When done reconnect the battery and test.

We have no clue what kind of hand control your bought so you are on your own on figuring out what wires to connect where. It ain't rocket science though. Route headlamp wires through your your switch. High beam is a separate circuit. The turn signals on the GK use a complicated circuit with a auto cancel box and speed sensor. You will never get this to work without the proper hand control so you have no choice but to completely rewire the system and bypass the stock wiring, or at least run some jumpers.
                          Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                            Wires on the cicuit diagram are connected in specific ways...

-where two wires are spliced in the harness there is a solid Dot.
                            -where wires end in a switch (usually shown on top and bottom of diagrams,labelled and with a box drawn around) they are shown as "empty" dots that have lines to join them denoting a closed switch per that function..ie have a look at the turn signals "box".
                            -where a bunch of wires go into connectors that you can pull apart, they go into "rectangles"...well these are pretty plain I just can't think of a word!

Main thing is, wires that merely cross on the diagram do not connect. (though occassional mistakes will be seen- even the folks making these diagrams get confused)

Best plan is to print off a black and white version get som coloured pencils and starting from your head light or whatever,fill in the colours for that thing working back as far as the key switch at least (orange wire is power turned on from key)

"Ground" symbol defies my descriptive powers but it's pretty simple...the harness has a ground-bus wire usually connected at two places to frame and also, many devices do not attach to the bus-just the frame. HOWEVER, all electrics on forks, headlight basket DO connect to the ground bus. NONE connect to the forks so maybe advise you find the "ground bus" and mark it in.

Now this is helpful. Thank you so much.

Comment

Dre, you're being a D**k.

No one is going to help you if you try to fight them when they give you useful information, like the wiring diagram. If you're using non stock parts, don't know squat about wireing, and act aggressively toward strangers, then "you're gonna have a bad time".

Comment

Working...
                              X