X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Tach installation

I bought this Tach online

, https://www.amazon.ca/LED-Tachometer...EAQKBPRKP3N2PJ

but I'm not sure I'm gonna use it cause it looks kinda cheap. If I decide to use it for now, does anyone have experience hooking one of these up? Analog to digital and what goes where?

Thanks.

Directions are right in the add. Function by wire color.

SODIAL is a registered trademark. ONLY Authorized seller of SODIAL can sell under SODIAL listings.Our products will enhance your experience to unparalleled inspiration.
    SODIAL(R) Universal Motorcycle Streetfighter LED Digital Tachometer RPM Oil Fuel Gauge 12V
    Fuel gauge installation and debugging methods:
    1. Connect the positive and negative pole to power supply correctly.
    2. Turn on the electric door switch, fuel gauge displays a grid of red,
    and then connected signal line to the negative pole.
    Wait for a while, LED light will all light up slowly, indicating normal operation.
    3. Connect the signal line, fill up, slowly adjust the potentiometer to make all the LED lights on.
    When oil runs out, slightly adjust potentiometer so as to make only one red LED light on.
    Please note: The original fuel gauge can not be used together
    Material: Metal
    Dimension: As the Picture show
    Wire Length: Approx. 30cm(11.8'')
    Color: Silver
    Operating Voltage: DC 12V
    LED Indicator Display:
    Blue LED :Speed
    Red LED : Oil Level
    Package Included:1 X Tachometer 1x Fuel Gauge
    Note:Light shooting and different displays may cause the color of the item in the picture a little different from the real thing.The measurement allowed error is +/-1-3 cm.
    In the mobile (phone) app the directions say
    RED - PositiveE
    BLACK - NegativeE
    GREEN - Tachometer (Posplayer comments: this is usually negative side coil)
    Yellow - OIL Signal (No idea what polarity)
    Last edited by posplayr; 07-29-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      Directions are right in the add. Function by wire color.

In the mobile (phone) app the directions say
      RED - PositiveE
      BLACK - NegativeE
      GREEN - Tachometer (Posplayer comments: this is usually negative side coil)
      Yellow - OIL Signal (No idea what polarity)
      Yeah. Saw this on the post aswell. So I would hook up the wire to the coil for rpm? Never done this and it works?

Comment

Originally posted by Dre View Post
        Yeah. Saw this on the post aswell. So I would hook up the wire to the coil for rpm? Never done this and it works?
        A cheap tach; it very well may cause the needle to jump. They you start trying to add some type of input filter/diode. various have been discussed here. Do a search.

Coils spark a lot and the same spark can couple into the primary (-) side which seems to be a challenge for many aftermarket tachs. Unfortunately the only things you can do are either look at the primary (-) of the coil, or wrap a piece of foil around one of the spark plug wires an d pickup a single that way that your tach might be able to see.

You are just going to have to try it.

Comment

Working...
        X