Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicating on both sides

Hi all!

So I have rewired by 1981 gs450 but I am having one problem, when I connect the two positive wires from each respective indicator to the speedometer indicator indicator (yes, I wrote that twice. It is the bulb the flashes on the speedometer when you indicate), the indicators flash on both sides when I turn left or right and the indicator indicator bulb flashes. However, when I disconnect the two positives from the indicator indicator on the speedometer, the indicators flash correctly (they don't both flash at the same time). I have tried messing around with diodes on the two respective wires and nothing is working for me here.

So that's:

- Indicators both flash when I indicator left or right when speedometer indicator indicator is connected
    - Indicators flash correctly to the left or the right when the indicator indicator is disconnected.

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Ben

You need to connect the left and right side using diodes. This allows either blinker set (left or right) to light the indicator light but blocks the voltage from going to the other side (giving you the 4 way light show).

Steve will probably be along; he has drawn up the schematics and selected appropriate diode parts.

Or you could do a search.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      Steve will probably be along; he has drawn up the schematics and selected appropriate diode parts.
      Ok, I stopped by and saw this, but am mobile. When I get home, will try to get the picture posted (it's in Photobuchet).

Last edited by Steve; 09-23-2017, 03:23 PM.
      sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Benjo, I have to ask, ... did you install LED turn signals? If so, that is likely the cause of your situation. (It's only a 'problem' if it is unresolved.)

I am home now, let's see if Photobucket still works.

This was originally drawn up for use with an LED in the panel indicator, but the concept remains the same.

You will need the two diodes (simple 1N4001 will do very nicely) connected back-to-back. At their junctiton, connect one lead of your panel light, connect the other lead to a ground (earth).

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
        X