Wiring for stator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring for stator

I have an electrosport stator that isnt quite getting the right voltage to the R/R so I am considering bypassing the factory harness and running new wiring all the way back. My question is where I should run a wire for each output wire of the stator all the way back and tie them together right before the R/R or should I tie them together up front right out of the stator and minimize the wiring to the R/R? Or does it even make a difference?

First what bike is this? It would be better if you put the model in your signature this makes it easy so if you post again people can see what bike you are talking about.
    If you have a new stator then the prudent thing to do is get a SH775 rectifier this will prolong the life of the stator there is a lot of information on here about it and what you are thinking about rewiring. do a search for sh775 and what is called "the Handel bar loop" this bypasses one of the wires from the stator going up through the lighting switch.
    The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
    1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
    past bikes. RF900
    TL1000s
    Hayabusa
    gsx 750f x2
    197cc Francis Barnett
    various British nails

Comment

1983 GS1100ES. I have an electrosport stator and sh775 R/R.

I see the post and the post from posplyr about 3 wires to the R/R and ignore the W/G and W/R wires. My only question is which of the 3 go to which post on the SH775? I am very colorblind so will have to get assistance on this from someone else and need definitive colors for spots.
      Last edited by Guest; 09-29-2017, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by last337 View Post
        1983 GS1100ES. I have an electrosport stator and sh775 R/R.

I see the post and the post from posplyr about 3 wires to the R/R and ignore the W/G and W/R wires. My only question is which of the 3 go to which post on the SH775? I am very colorblind so will have to get assistance on this from someone else and need definitive colors for spots.
        Three stator wires go to three stator inpust on teh SH775; order does not matter.

Ignore the other wires left over that go to the handle bar switch.

Comment

Thanks! I did see your previous post:

Keep in mind the following:

1. three wires from the stator go to the three stator pins on the R/R;
          2. nothing else, forget about everything else, ignore everything else.
          3. Did I mention W/G and W/R wires? Ignore them from now on.

So for the colorblind guy it makes it easy. Just ignore the 2 white wires.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X