Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GS Fuel sender/Fuel level indicator repair/replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS Fuel sender/Fuel level indicator repair/replacement?

GS FUEL SENDER sought...
    - I am after a fuel sender/level indicator (for the fuel tank) for the GS series please. That is the bit that goes inside the fuel tank and 'send's' info the the fuel gauge about how much fuel is in the tank/bike. Suzuki part no: 34810-49400. Have tried eBay and have gotten four senders none of which fit (all from the US)!!! grrrr. My bike is a 1983 GS1100G however any GS series bike has the same part number for the sender. Thx ciao paul@kalgrove.com ps I am in Brisbane Australia

I ended going to a motorcycle salvage yard and found a gas tank exactly like the one on my '82 GS850L. It still had the sending unit, and it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by paulo View Post
      GS FUEL SENDER sought...
      - I am after a fuel sender/level indicator (for the fuel tank) for the GS series please. That is the bit that goes inside the fuel tank and 'send's' info the the fuel gauge about how much fuel is in the tank/bike. Suzuki part no: 34810-49400. Have tried eBay and have gotten four senders none of which fit (all from the US)!!! grrrr. My bike is a 1983 GS1100G however any GS series bike has the same part number for the sender. Thx ciao paul@kalgrove.com ps I am in Brisbane Australia
      There is repair instructions on Bikecliffes website http://members.dslextreme.com/users/..._mr_jethro.pdf
      The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
      1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
      past bikes. RF900
      TL1000s
      Hayabusa
      gsx 750f x2
      197cc Francis Barnett
      various British nails

Comment

Originally posted by fastbysuzuki View Post
        There is repair instructions on Bikecliffes website http://members.dslextreme.com/users/..._mr_jethro.pdf
        Thank you fastby - great step by step site and i love the photos very helpful much appreciated ciao paulo

Comment

Working...
        X