Ignition relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignition relocation

Hi! has anyone relocated the ignition key switch on their GS850? looking to do this and looking for some guidance. Thanks!!

1981 Suzuki GS850gl, Café Racer!

Built, not Bought!

I have not done this but I think it's as simple as unplugging the connector from the switch, finding a spot and remounting the switch, then plugging the connector back in.

You may have to open the loom under the tank and reroute it to the new location. You might have to shorten the wiring for a clean install.
    Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
    2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Why are you looking to do this and where are you wanting to relocate it?
      :cool:GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

You'll lose the steering lock.
        Current:
        Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha :eek:)

Past:
        VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
        And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

If you can see my bike (in the small photo by my name), it is set up café style. i'll be going to a single speedo/tach unit which will install in the space just about where the key switch lives. this is why im looking to relocate that switch. just wondering if anyone relocated theirs and would be willing to share a pic or two

1981 Suzuki GS850gl, Café Racer!

Built, not Bought!

Comment

Working...
          X