SH775 on a Katana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SH775 on a Katana

I just bought a used SH775 RR for my Katana. The RR on the Kat is exposed on the left side and is smaller than the SH775. Ideally I'd swap them out but the SH775 will not fit in the available space. Has anyone successfully installed a sh775 on a Katana? I'm even considering leaving the old RR in place for cosmetic reasons and finding another spot to mount the SH775.

Cheers!
    K

Take the fusebox off and have another look at the available space.
    Some have used small plates as adaptors.
    The R/R is kind of important.
    I would give it the prime spot and maybe drop the fusebox a few inches.
    97 R1100R
    Previous
    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
      Take the fusebox off and have another look at the available space.
      Some have used small plates as adaptors.
      The R/R is kind of important.
      I would give it the prime spot and maybe drop the fusebox a few inches.
      It won't be that simple. The mounting plate is quite full with no room to move anything. I may have to relocate the fuse box as you suggest, but to another location altogether.

Comment

Seems to me looking at Katanas, there's LOTS of room to mount it if you give up on perfectly stock appearance. ...I'd cut some clamps from flat tin stock and grab on to those tubes in all that empty space!! Look at why I had to do with an SH232 (or 8? ) on a 400 and Be Happy it's not harder!
        katanags400.jpg

Comment

Hi Gorminder,

I'm sure I can find a spot for it if need be, but I am trying to keep stock appearance as much as possible. I installed a SH775 on my GS650GL, and that was a fun job. There's not a lot of empty space to play with on that one!

Cheers!
          K

Comment

Indeed! sorry to blurt-(I do appreciate you want a Better Idea...(and- for what it's worth, I'm thinkin' on it... ) ie: the dead one as Dummy solves appearance...perhaps just bolt the SH775 under the battery box like my 650 does....I would want the r/r in moving air...and rejected under-seat ideas for that reason on mine...

Comment

Working...
            X