Dyna 2000 Gs1150 timing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna 2000 Gs1150 timing help

I just got my dyna hooked up and installed but I’m kinda lost at the dyna directions, I know I need a timing light and to use the window to set everything while it’s running but where would I start as a rough estimate? The trigger plate turned all the way counterclockwise is full advanced right? Where is the tdc mark on the case? I see it on the rotor....any help would be greatly appreciated
    Attached Files

There are three hold down screws located on the breaker plate. If you can not see a TDC line, TDC is located on the left edge, just touching the left edge, of the bolt head at the 12 o'clock position.

You need to start with the base place centered with the hold down bolt located at the 12 oclock position centered in the slot in the base plate.
    Last edited by earlfor; 10-16-2017, 08:47 PM.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Been a while since I messed with one on my 1100 but isn't there a red led on the unit that set the timing initially?

Comment

When setting timing the light comes on simulating full advance. Using the mini degree wheel on the rotor set it to come at thirty-two degrees. I set mine at thirty-four degrees but I have the fuel to compensate. (jetting and high octane)
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
        X