New (to me) '82 GS 750T Wiring Harness Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New (to me) '82 GS 750T Wiring Harness Question

Hello everyone! So I recently got a '82 GS 750t from a guy I know for $200 bucks. He said the starter was out so I went ahead and rebuilt it before realizing it seems to actually be the Solenoid that is out! As it's my first bike I'm kinda using this as a learning experience... Don't trust what someone selling a bike says haha. Anyway the wiring seems a bit toasted in a few places so I was thinking I'd go ahead and replace it while I'm at it! I'm tearing the whole bike down to clean/paint it anyway so I have some time before I need it but does anyone know of any good decently priced wiring harnesses?

Also separate question... Does anyone know of any headlight nacelles that could fit? I'm looking at the Harley Freight train one but seeing as I don't know if it even fits I don't want to drop $3-400 on it. Trying to keep the overall cost relatively low lol.

The plan is...

'98 Marauder rear fender to replace the stock one, retrofitting a newer style 2 person seat, the headlight nacelle I plan on mounting a small gauge in to remove the large custer on top, a zero drag bar and some new controls, and I need to find some cheap side covers. The frame/engine/exhaust will be black chrome and the tank/fenders/nacelle will be flat black! (hopefully!)

Thanks for the help!
    Attached Files

Hey, welcome and nice "T".

Why don't you just buy a 1998 Marauder? The angle of the "T" forks are tighter than the Marauder's if you plan on installing a flat handlebar. Plus, that rear end on the Marauder looks bulky. Are you planning on cutting the rear section to accommodate that rear fender?

I'm not a purist but those mods seem extreme for the "T".

I can't say much for sourcing a new harness except to rebuild it. I'd buy an exact spare parts bike to CANN parts off. Good luck!

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Basically I got this bike for 200 so I'm just trying to make it a bike I like, I like the rear of the marauder, drag bars, and a nice head light nacelle 🤷🏼*♂️I managed to get a wiring harness from a recycle site now I just need bars and the headlight nacelle

Comment

Z1 Enterprises has connectors and colour coded wiring if there is anything else you need.

Comment

I get it...$200 bike to make your own.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
          X