Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience with Electrosport Industries ESR100 r/r???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I haven't even asked about wiring it and/or converting from those harness plugs to something cleaner.

Comment

I went ahead & scooped it up, if only for s***s & giggles until I can do a little more digging into revamping my charging system.
      Last edited by Guest; 03-28-2018, 03:16 PM.

Comment

I believe the 4012941 was the Polaris part number that everyone started with on the forum. Someone will chime in eventually with the stock number of the Triumph pigtail. I believe it was in the $10.00 range.
        http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
          I believe the 4012941 was the Polaris part number that everyone started with on the forum. Someone will chime in eventually with the stock number of the Triumph pigtail. I believe it was in the $10.00 range.
          You are absolutely correct on that number.

Comment

I'm going to really need that pigtail number, or else I'll have to fab up my own harness from the R/R to the alternator.

Comment

This is what I could find. The one at the bottom of the list, but you may still have to cut the connectors off the feed side and do your own connection to power and the stator leads. http://www.2wheelpros.com/oem-parts/...0676-part.html
              http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

This is what I could find. The one at the bottom of the list, but you may still have to cut the connectors off the feed side and do your own connection to power and the stator leads. http://www.2wheelpros.com/oem-parts/...0676-part.html
                Thanks, I ordered one last night. Well, really this morning at about 2:00 AM --- I was up most of the night working all of this stuff out in my head.
                Last edited by Guest; 03-29-2018, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Crickets? maybe different timezone from Croatia ...but 25$ is suspiciously cheap . I'd try out the one you have and take your time hunting up the one you want.

You can look up the number but anything can be printed on these things.
                  Last edited by Gorminrider; 03-29-2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

No time zone issues, I'm back in Miami Beach for the time being.
                    I only live in Split & in the Czech Republic for parts of the year, mainly because of the nice weather, beautiful women, great food & fine beer.
                    And, oh yeah, work...

Which one are you referring to when you say, "...the one you have..."?
                    Do you mean the Electrosport ESR100?

My head is about to EXPLODE from all of this info I'm taking in, sorting through & trying to evaluate on R/Rs.
                    The Cycle Electric generator on my '74 Sportster, on there since 1992, has never so much as given me a single hiccup after 26 years of hard use running full gauge lights, running/brake lights & a 100W halogen headlight bulb...
                    Last edited by Guest; 03-29-2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

I'm with ya man! I made the mistake of buying a shunt r/r last year when my battery kept dying. Went with Rick's motorsports because I knew it would fit the bike. Now all my connectors from the stator to r/r are melted and I'm jumping back into all this information!

Looks like the sh775 goes for about 140.00 on partszilla and at polaris right now.I'mm curious will this bolt cleanly into where my oem r/r goes (1982 gs1100, currently r/r is under battery box)?

Comment

I read a tutorial (don't ask me where, I've read SO much in the last week) where they show one being mounted where yours is.
                        They had some difficulty because of the cramped, confined space but were still able to solidly mount it.

When I get home I'll dig it up, since I printed it, and see if it has the link.
                        If it does, I'll PM it to you so you can go crazier --- with pics included, this time.
                        Last edited by Guest; 03-29-2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Jhoot,

I just PM'd you that link.
                          In case you don't get it:
                          gsarchive.bwringer.com/storagecliff/images/r-r_replacement.pdf

Comment

Yes got it! Thanks, I've used that page before with my 'new' r/r I bought last year and it went smoothly, although I just ended up removing the battery box entirely. I went with Ricks r/r because a site I buy from here in Canada (fortnine) listed it as a guaranteed fit and i have pretty limited mechanical knowledge and skill (nevermind tools). Seems it wasnt worth it though and I will be going down this road again soon!

Originally posted by 82tiburon View Post
                            Jhoot,

I just PM'd you that link.
                            In case you don't get it:
                            gsarchive.bwringer.com/storagecliff/images/r-r_replacement.pdf

Comment

Well, the best of luck to you, my friend.

My new Deka battery arrives tomorrow & I hope to begin the process of elimination with it as Suspect Number One, as the one I have in there now refuses to take a full charge (off the bike) even after a 48 hour stint on my Schumacher motorcycle battery charger even when set at it's lowest amperage rate.

In all fairness, the Deka I have now sat without benefit of a battery-tender for an extended period of time at my old address --- a condo building with a steamy parking garage where they did not provide functioning electrical outlets.
                              I had to keep my two Harleys' batteries on tenders in a spare bedroom until I was ready to ride, then lug them downstairs & hook them up before hitting the road.

Before I could pick up a tender for the GS750, it was time to move, so I gave it an overnight charge & off I went. The Suzuki takes a whole lot more disassembly & reassembly to get the battery in or out.
                              I fabbed up quick-release side gates for the Harleys to facilitate battery removal --- take out two bolts & either battery slides out sideways.
                              With the Suzuki I had to remove the seat, airbox & right-hand side cover just to gain access to the battery. A royal PITA if there ever was one!

Comment

Well, in the end --- just for s***s & giggles --- I went with the Electrosport r/r.
                                My original pin connectors from the stator/alternator were still in excellent shape, so I decided to just go with what I had to see what happened...

Well, the r/r works like a charm.
                                It charges the battery to the correct specs without so much as a hiccup, produces zero heat & turned out to NOT be the POS that so many respondents claimed it to be.

Electrosport offered EXCELLENT customer service & tech advice, to boot.

So, if your r/r has gone south on you, know that there are options out there other than buying a used SH7775.

Comment

Working...
                                X