Weird turn signal indicator issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird turn signal indicator issue

While test riding my rebuilt 850gl I noticed the light behind the fuel gauge was out so I took the dash apart and swapped the burned out incandescent with an LED. While there I decided for consistency to replace the other incandescent bulbs with LEDs. I tested everything and it was ok. I checked the turn signal indicator with the left and right signal turned on and the dash was working properly. Now today the indicator will only flash when the left signal is on. I checked and the right turn signals are working, its just not showing on the dash. Any ideas?

the polarity is wrong for LEDS. ..On my bike with a single indicator, I crammed two tiny leds into the space*, each with correct + polarity tapped from the active signal and then to ground.
    I'm just sure on my own bikes (Gs650 and gsx 400s) but Go have a look at your wiring diagram and recall that the original incandescent indicators grounded thru the unused incandescent signal bulb!

* or you can duplicate the two led thing I did by using two diodes tapping the respective green and black wires, then through your led, then to ground. that's maybe easier because you probably don't have tiny leds
    Last edited by Gorminrider; 04-27-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X