Where to purchase SH775 or FH020AA or mosfet R/R for Canadians!? Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to purchase SH775 or FH020AA or mosfet R/R for Canadians!? Help

Any Canadians know where we can acquire mosfet r/r for reasonable prices? r/r is a toast and need a new one asap
    Thanks

I'm sure there is a Canadian or three that can answer your question, but I'm not one of them.

Skip the FH020AA and the MOSFET R/R, go straight to the SH775.

Quick search on eBay does not show any in Canada, but it shouldn't cost that much more.

To save you some aggravation, here are some of the links:

Hey, I found one in Canada!!

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

EBay is your friend. Don't search for SH775, rather search for the Polaris or Can Am part numbers (look them up). If you search SH775 your screen will be flooded with look-a-likes that aren't series regulators. Check the pictures - if you don't see SH775A or B on the end of the unit then it's not the real thing. Follow Steve's links above and you'll get the idea.

You'd get really lucky to find one in Canada that is as cheap as one from the US. If you can find one at all. If you do find one and want the fitted connectors, check RM Stator, either on their website or EBay page.

Good luck!

Comment

I bought my SH-775 from a local Polaris dealer.

Mark
        1982 GS1100E
        1998 ZX-6R
        2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Originally posted by mmattockx View Post
          I bought my SH-775 from a local Polaris dealer.
          For sure. You can always buy a brand new one. I was directing toward EBay due to the "reasonable price" request of the PO.

Comment

We recently had a SH-775 scare. Someone was reporting a DOA SH-775, then they reported the second DOA replacement. Turns out it was "operator error" and the scare was evaculated. The SH-775 still seems to have a 100% reliability score reported here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinner View Post
              For sure. You can always buy a brand new one. I was directing toward EBay due to the "reasonable price" request of the PO.
              Because of all the posts about the OEM Suzuki style r/r failures I bought a used Polaris one off Ebay a few weeks ago for $39.00 shipped and $15.00 for the connector kit. I haven't installed it yet, but the point is that the conversion can be one for less than $60.00 with some careful shopping.
              1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Originally posted by TxGSrider View Post
                Because of all the posts about the OEM Suzuki style r/r failures I bought a used Polaris one off Ebay a few weeks ago for $39.00 shipped and $15.00 for the connector kit. I haven't installed it yet, but the point is that the conversion can be one for less than $60.00 with some careful shopping.
                You can solder wires/spades direct to the SH-775 and epoxy the connector housing eliminating much of the bulk of the install as well as the $15

Comment

Wow, this was my first post and didn't expect such nice support. Thank you guys kindly.
                  I was hoping for a retailer. Being new , I was afraid I might get suckered into a replica that wasn't really a series r/r. But I see now it is fairly obvious.

Steve funny enough, that seller doesn't ship to Canada haha.

Originally posted by TxGSrider View Post
                  Yes, unfortunately it cannot be had for these prices here in Canada, the least expensive one I can find is $50 plus $25 shipping and I'll get hit with duties (20%~) plus $15 for a kit which will end up to be $20+ w/ freight charges.

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                  You can solder wires/spades direct to the SH-775 and epoxy the connector housing eliminating much of the bulk of the install as well as the $15
                  Is there DIY on this? I know it may seem straight forward but I'm not a confident lad behind the wrench or any electrical/soldering.
                  Last edited by Guest; 06-12-2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by theordinaire View Post
                    Yes, unfortunately it cannot be had for these prices here in Canada, the least expensive one I can find is $50 plus $25 shipping and I'll get hit with duties (20%~) plus $15 for a kit which will end up to be $20+ w/ freight charges.
                    Of all the relatively small purchases (less than $50US) I've made and had shipped to Canada, I have not yet had to pay any import fees. This includes EBay, Z1 Enterprises and Partzilla. Once the value hits $100US or more then you're more likely to be charged, but I wouldn't worry about import fees on a small value purchase.

Comment

I don't think there is a DIY writeup specific to the SH775 without a connector.

These guys will have crimp spades.

You will need a tool like this.

These are some of the most critical connections on your bike, so you don't want to use the typical auto parts store smash crimper.

Personally, I would
                      1.) crimp the end onto the wire,
                      2.) slip the spade over the male on the SH775.
                      3.) Flow some solder into the crimp and into the spade portion to stop the connector from working out.
                      4.) Probably flips some shrink tubing over the wires and run down to the spades. (heat to shrink)
                      5.) RTV or almost any other insulating filer will work to cap off the spades (i.e JB Weld, liquid epoxy)

Comment

We recently had a SH-775 scare. Someone was reporting a DOA SH-775, then they reported the second DOA replacement. Turns out it was "operator error" and the scare was evaculated. The SH-775 still seems to have a 100% reliability score reported here.

Comment

Personally, I would
                          1.) crimp the end onto the wire,
                          2.) slip the spade over the male on the SH775.
                          3.) Flow some solder into the crimp and into the spade portion to stop the connector from working out.
                          4.) Probably flips some shrink tubing over the wires and run down to the spades. (heat to shrink)
                          5.) RTV or almost any other insulating filer will work to cap off the spades (i.e JB Weld, liquid epoxy)
                          Thanks for this. I'm also looking to install a SH775 and I'd like to avoid buying the connectors both since they'll cost me at least $35 shipped (to Sweden) and for the added bulk.
                          Just to clarify:

3) you'd flow solder also onto where the spade and SH775 male connect?
                          5) I'm not sure how you mean cap off, would you RTV the spade/male connections or fill the connector housing as was suggested by someone?

Thanks!
                          Last edited by Guest; 06-13-2018, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinner View Post
                            Of all the relatively small purchases (less than $50US) I've made and had shipped to Canada, I have not yet had to pay any import fees. This includes EBay, Z1 Enterprises and Partzilla. Once the value hits $100US or more then you're more likely to be charged, but I wouldn't worry about import fees on a small value purchase.
                            Just make sure it is shipped via USPS and not any of the others! The others will ding you with brokerage fees which will add up to more than the value plus the shipping for the part!
                            1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head :cool:
                            1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017:D

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by LightsOut View Post
                              Thanks for this. I'm also looking to install a SH775 and I'd like to avoid buying the connectors both since they'll cost me at least $35 shipped (to Sweden) and for the added bulk.
                              Just to clarify:

3) you'd flow solder also onto where the spade and SH775 male connect?
                              5) I'm not sure how you mean cap off, would you RTV the spade/male connections or fill the connector housing as was suggested by someone?

Thanks!
                              I don't want to get into a big discussion about crimp v.s. solder, but would suggest in this situation to do both.

3a) flow solder into the F spade crimp in preventing corrosion from encroaching between the wire and the F spade crimp.
                              3b) flow solder between the F spade and the M spade locate in the SH775.

5) fill the open void of the connector shroud molded into the SH775 housing (where the M spades are). Filling the void is effectively capping off the spade interface.

Comment

Working...
                              X