No announcement yet.

Dyna s for gs550e 1982

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I move the number 1 Mark on cam sprocket. To line up with top of engine the timing Mark is way off see pic 20180628_131730.jpg

Comment

Also can someone confirm this is the right size gauge I'm using for checking valve clearance. Because the gaps are a lot bigger than that some are up to .20180628_132340.jpg006"

Comment

These are the gaps I've got 20180628_154056.jpg

Comment

I'm suspicious of those big clearances... me thinks that the adjacent cam lobe is exaggerating clearance. Hopefully someone will chime in with proper/concise method of cam positioning to determine shim needed.
          .003 inch is spec maximum, but lots of us allow for .004. I like .002 inch as minimum.
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I was wondering if I was doing it right as don't they get smaller rather that bigger??

Comment

This is position I checked them in 20180628_181510.jpg

Comment

So with cams in that position I checked #1ex #2 exhaust #3inlet is that right way to do it ?? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Yozzer74 View Post
                  I was wondering if I was doing it right as don't they get smaller rather that bigger??
                  Yes. Until Mr. Steve surfaces with his simple cam lobe positioning, see this Bassclif link- skim down thru it till you get to actual clearance checking

Edit: just caught your recent posts. There is always the chance that someone previous left excessive clearances
                  Last edited by tom203; 06-28-2018, 01:23 PM.
                  1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                  X