Igniter CDI/ECU help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Igniter CDI/ECU help please

I have an 83 Suzuki GS650G my Igniter CDI is broken number 32900-34210. I looked on ebay and can only find replacement # 32900-45411 for 750-1100. Are these interchangeable? Any help is appreciated I put it in the shop to finish wiring and its down to this, I've been waiting about 3yrs to get it going.

Originally posted by Green_Envy View Post
    I have an 83 Suzuki GS650G my Igniter CDI is broken number 32900-34210. I looked on ebay and can only find replacement # 32900-45411 for 750-1100. Are these interchangeable? Any help is appreciated I put it in the shop to finish wiring and its down to this, I've been waiting about 3yrs to get it going.
    Just why do you think your ignitor is broken? Were you told this? This unit is very durable- I'd suspect wiring/connections.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I was told it was, the guy finishing the bike sent me a message and a pic.

Comment

I like pics..can you post the picture here? Maybe your guy is befuddled.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I will request pics and a more in depth description of issue. I hope its something small, i only found one on ebay and it was $400+shipping. Thats why i was wondering if the other one would interchange

Comment

When you do your search, what are your search criteria? Are you looking just for 32900-34210?
            It might help to know that the same ignitor was used on all models of the 650 from '81-'83.

Although it is commonly used, the term "CDI" is not proper for that device. The term "Ignitor" sort of implies that there is something magical that happens inside, but it is simply a box of transistors that replaces the mechanical points of the older ignition systems.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I tried suzuki GS ignitor and then the number. The number brought up the only one but im not trying to pay $400. And i listed all the tags in description since thats what was pulling up online to get more info.

Comment

A quick ebay search failed to produce any 650's ignitors, though they do pop up all the time . A dyna s ignition will work if it is needed, but I'm skeptical your ignitor is bad. I've ran five on my bike and all tested good. A bad charging system is probably a killer, but be suspicious of connection issues first.
                1981 gs650L

Comment

Yeah, I "replaced" and ignitor recently, turned out it was the connections. I now have a back-up....
                  1983 GS 1100 ESD :D

Comment

Working...
                  X