Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750 No spark/Starter no longer working

Hello Forum,

I have a GS750 that I have been storing in my garage over the winter. I will start it up on a almost weekly basis to keep everything moving and because it sounds so damn good. Last time I did this It suddenly died. All lights still work and the starter will crank if I jump the solenoid but not when I press the button and I dont appear to have spark on any cylinder when grounding plugs against the case. All wires/fuses that I can find seem to be intact and clean though I have not removed the tank yet. I have always been a little intimidated by electrical issues. Hopefully there is a simple fix. Any pointers in the right direction would be a big help. Currently running dyna ignition and green coils with ngk "racing" wires and plugs.

Kill switch on right handlebar?

Comment

Do Posplayer's quick test on your battery
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Bingo! It appears that a I have a broken/corroded wire inside the kill switch. Jamming a small flathead in the connections and giving it a wiggle I now have a working starter and hot spark. I havent fully disconnected the throttle cables yet so I can't really look inside and see exactly what needs to be done. Does anyone know if these are a solder connection or small plug? Should I just get an Aftermarket switch?

Comment

A little bit of solder did the trick. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X