1980 Suzuki gs550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 Suzuki gs550

Ive recently purchased my first game, it did not come with a tail light so I wired one on and it was working fine, and then all of a sudden I have zero power. I'm not sure what I did wrong, I've checked all the fuses really hoping I can get her running again. Thanks for your time

John

Originally posted by Jcoates18 View Post
    Ive recently purchased my first game, it did not come with a tail light so I wired one on ...
    Congratulations on your first game. I'm surprised it didn't come with a tail light.

Most of us here work on bikes, not sure if we can help you with your game.
    sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I'm just looking for maybe some leads to fix my problem if you guys have any advice on what to check maybe, thanks for your time and beautiful bikes

Comment

Get a multimeter, and then debug like you would with any electrical circuit.

So make sure your power source is fine (battery), and starting from there on check that the current goes where it needs to in the circuit; see the wiring diagram (Available in the service manual, through the link in my signature).
        #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
        #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
        #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
        #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Working...
        X