GS 1100 G Dyna S install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 1100 G Dyna S install

Doing Dyna S install on 1983 Gs 1100 G. using a GS 850 Mechanical advance. After removing factory single generator I see no sign of timing marks on case. What is best approach with this issue?

I'm also a little confused on the Push clip wire diagram from Dyna. Why does it show the combined single orange white coil wire running through the supplied splice connector,stating it was coming from the ignition switch? Once the orange white coil feed wire is clipped from the original igniter box ,it does not continue on anywhere.

Your thoughts Please.

Tks
    John

How about a pic?
    The orange/ white comes from kill switch, connects to both ignition coils, and then headed to stock ignitor...the dyna needs to be powered with this O/W wire once the stock ignitor is removed.
    bunch of guys are doing this upgrade in this electrical section, so exchange info
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks Tom 203
      Think I have wiring figured out .The biggest surprise was the 82/83 1100 G did not come with the timing plate behind the signal sending unit as it did on the 850’s and perhaps others.Dyna was clear on the need for a mechanical advance but don't believe they realized the 1100 G did not have that timing plate.
      They are still available from Suzuki and EBay.
      I suppose one could use a degree wheel and figure it out but installing timing plate should make things go quick and easy.

Comment

Working...
      X