Battery Tracker - Voltmeter alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Tracker - Voltmeter alternative

These seem pretty cool (other than adding a permanent battery drain.. but then I guess the warning tells you when to charge it in any case)

The Antigravity Battery Tracker is a Bluetooth Monitoring system for your Lead/Acid Battery’s health. Track its voltage, starting performance and charging.

The Antigravity Battery Tracker is a Bluetooth Monitoring system for your 12v Lithium Battery’s health. Track its voltage, starting performance and charging.

Anyone tried one? I guess if I was going on another long trip $35 might not be so bad for peace of mind......
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Looks interesting, but I did not see anything saying its waterproof or the physical size if its small could properly fit in a dry spot.
    just found then in uk it states the size is 2.75" x 2"
    Last edited by fastbysuzuki; 07-19-2019, 06:14 PM. Reason: Revision
    The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
    1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
    past bikes. RF900
    TL1000s
    Hayabusa
    gsx 750f x2
    197cc Francis Barnett
    various British nails

Comment

What a coincidence...I've started a small electronics project to track the voltage of my charging system, and engine rpm.

I'd be tempted to buy one of these instead, if they could be had for a reasonable price here and were a little bit smaller.
      Surprisingly, I couldn't find any similar products on whim.
      #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
      #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
      #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
      #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post
        What a coincidence...I've started a small electronics project to track the voltage of my charging system, and engine rpm.

I'd be tempted to buy one of these instead, if they could be had for a reasonable price here and were a little bit smaller.
        Surprisingly, I couldn't find any similar products on whim.
        Well it's coming along nicely. This weekend I finally got around to (re-)familiarize myself with the Arduino platform, and wrote a first rough draft of a program which derives rpm from ignition, and measures voltage. Next up will be implementing writing the data to an SD card.

Sneak peek:

The future could hold a lot more and might get rid of the SD, but let's not get ahead of myself just yet...
        #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
        #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post
          Well it's coming along nicely. This weekend I finally got around to (re-)familiarize myself with the Arduino platform, and wrote a first rough draft of a program which derives rpm from ignition, and measures voltage. Next up will be implementing writing the data to an SD card.

Sneak peek:

The future could hold a lot more and might get rid of the SD, but let's not get ahead of myself just yet...
          Now this is up my alley. How and what are you using to measure the engine RPM?

The tach in my 1979 GS850G squeals like a mofo when it's hooked up, which means the bearing in there is shot. Buying random used tachs off of eBay is a total crap-shoot. I'm considering replacing the mechanical bits with a tiny servo and some circuitry to measure the RPMs. I have dabbled in Arduino (C++) but I'm more comfortable with Python so I would probably use an ESP32 and have a smartphone UI as a bonus.
          Charles
          --
          1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post
            Now this is up my alley. How and what are you using to measure the engine RPM?

The tach in my 1979 GS850G squeals like a mofo when it's hooked up, which means the bearing in there is shot. Buying random used tachs off of eBay is a total crap-shoot. I'm considering replacing the mechanical bits with a tiny servo and some circuitry to measure the RPMs. I have dabbled in Arduino (C++) but I'm more comfortable with Python so I would probably use an ESP32 and have a smartphone UI as a bonus.
            I'm aiming for an inductive measurement from the high-tension wires. Though the goal here is to create a datalogger which lets me correlate rpm and voltage over the duration of a ride, not creating a tach; rpm's get averaged and only recorded in intervals, combined with voltage.

I'm using the Arduino mainly for prototyping, I've already ordered an ESP32 for similar reasons as you; built-in wireless functionality. Should I fail at porting the code over; I'll simply switch over to an smaller footprint, arduino-compatible board, adding some BT&storage module.

Comment

Working...
            X