No announcement yet.

Charging system help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posplayr, any ideas of where the contact could be being made? the wires dont seem to have any breaks in the insulation, plus im having the same issue with all three stators. is there supposed to be some form of rubber isolation washer between that stator itself ans the cover it mounts to?

Comment

UPDATE!!! My charging system if functional! My Dumb self was testing the stator incorrectly. I have 45AC Volts at Idle across the phases 75 @ 5K RPM , an OL omh reading between the individual legs and ground. 14.5 volt out of the R/R at 5K RPM! She is road worthy again! Thank you all for the help!

Comment

What were you doing wrong? If there is a wrong way, I'll probably find it. Better to learn from someone else's experience.

Comment

Originally posted by GS850Mike View Post
          What were you doing wrong? If there is a wrong way, I'll probably find it. Better to learn from someone else's experience.
          Yea, this last report is pretty unhelpful as to what was really wrong

Comment

Originally posted by GS850Mike View Post
            Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            Yea, this last report is pretty unhelpful as to what was really wrong
            It was explained in post #26.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              It was explained in post #26.

I still don't have a clue.............

Comment

He was not measuring leg-to-leg on the stator. He was measuring leg-to-ground. He even addressed it specifically to you.
                Originally posted by Qumodo View Post
                posplayr, I am measuring from each of the three phase wires to the negative battery post and reading 30V AC.
                sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  He was not measuring leg-to-leg on the stator. He was measuring leg-to-ground. He even addressed it specifically to you.

Steve, If you look at Post #30 you will see I read and responded to that same post.

To clarify the confusion, the question I have is "How after replacing the stator twice (three stators total) and confirming a valid 120VAC measurement could the OP have been suffering from operator error ?"

As it stands, I get the impression that there was never anything wrong with his bike to start with.

So how is it that all these measurements were somehow performed incorrectly and nothing really changed and the bike suddenly now works?

Comment

Working...
                  X