GS250T SH775 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fbody_mike View Post
    Maybe the battery wasn't as fully charged as I thought during the initial testing. I was playing with the aim of the new headlight so maybe. I took it out for a good ride and got back, checked the voltage drop across the ground wire and the drop across the positive to the positive terminal of the battery and could not find nothing more than a few mV. But the voltage was now 14.3 at idle and 14.4 at 5k rpm. Not too bad for some old 14 gauge wires.
    Sounds like you did a good job on cleanup

You could still do the leg-to-leg and leg to ground stator tests at 5K to see if there is any evidence of stator insulation break down.

BTW, you did do the voltage drop tests at 5K RPM?

Comment

I did the voltage drop measurements with it at idle, one hand for each probe, no one to help twist the throttle.
      1981 Suzuki GS250T
      1982 Yamaha Seca Turbo
      1985 Suzuki GS550E
      2004 Suzuki GSF1200S

Comment

Originally posted by fbody_mike View Post
        I did the voltage drop measurements with it at idle, one hand for each probe, no one to help twist the throttle.
        The original stator pages specified the voltage drops this way. It shoudl be obvious that with more charging current the voltage drops will be worst which is why I advocated and changed in revised stator pages the RPM to 5K.

Comment

Working...
        X