Pickup coil bent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pickup coil bent

Could this cause #2 cylinder not to fire? Been having problems getting engine to idle under 1700 rpm
    Attached Files
    1983 GS750ES WITH UNI PODS, 4-1 KERKER
    We can rebuild her. We have the technology.

39D7CE91-8AFE-42F0-99B7-8F04A885AA83.jpgPic was sideways

Comment

I didn’t have time to post well enough last night.
      this is my 83 750ES that ive had a hard time tuning properly. I’m currently soaking and rebuilding the carbs from the bowl up to eliminate that possibility. The problem is the engine warms up on choke at a higher idle but when it’s time to ease up on the choke, idle screw shananigans ensue and anything under 1700rpms and the motor just drops out(stalls). While trying to sync the carbs i had a suspicion a cylinder wasn’t firing and a squirt of WD40 on the headers showed #2 was not getting hot. I do have spark fuel and compression so I was stumped. I decided to check the valves once again and while I was in the signal generator I noticed the bent coil pickup. They were actually both bent as if something had gotten inbetween them and the timing wheel. I’ve repaired them but I’m anxious to find out if this has been my problem all along. Now the problem is I’m waiting on carb seals and have to put the rest back together before I’ll know. I’m pretty sure this has been my problem all these years, I just never noticed it till now. I’m a little intrigued at what could have caused them to bend.

Comment

Judging by the pictures, they weren't shifted much and all cylinders a little retarded in the timing perhaps....But that wouldn't explain why just #2 isn't right...

If they were loose or falling off that's a different thing!

Comment

Maybe a combination of things. We’ll see soon.

Comment

I’m also thinking im jetted too rich.

Comment

Working...
            X