Spark plug caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark plug caps

Looking for some aftermarket numbers for the spark plug caps. NGK does not list a cross reference online.
    1978 GS750EC DOM: May 1978. installed header with Supertrapp muffler.

Originally posted by Stigman95 View Post
    Looking for some aftermarket numbers for the spark plug caps. NGK does not list a cross reference online.
    I go to my local Suzuki dealer to get mine. Call yours...I'm sure they would appreciate the business right now.
    No signature :(

Comment

If they are like the Gs850gx use 2 each - NGK XB05F and VB05F. Assuming you are using B8ES plugs and not the resistor type.
      The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
      1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
      past bikes. RF900
      TL1000s
      Hayabusa
      gsx 750f x2
      197cc Francis Barnett
      various British nails

Comment

Fastbysuzuki gave you the right numbers, the one beginning with an X has a 90° bend at the cap, the V has a 120° bend.

I've gone over the issue in the last couple of weeks after finding the NGK B8ES spark plugs that my bike requires becoming difficult to find. Non resistor plugs in general aren't something a lot of auto parts stores are keeping in stock. However, you can very easily find NGK BR series plugs which is a resistor plug. My stock plugs are B8ES, BR8ES has a 5k ohm resistor in it so if you where to replace your resistor cap with a non-resistor cap they work virtually the same.

NGK makes the XBF non resistor cap with a 90° bend which would be a good replacement that would also allow you to use a BR series plug, you'd likely never have to worry about replacement caps again or finding non resistor plugs.

Some articles I've read mention that you can open up your caps and remove the resistor and put a piece of heavy wire, steel screw etc in it's place and use them as is. I've not tried them but being a cheap bas#@$d I'm sure I will soon enough.
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

I identify as a man but according to the label on a box of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four

Comment

Working...
        X