Wire for bike wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wire for bike wanted

I'm hoping someone can tell me the best place to buy modern wire for rewiring my 1983 gs850L. I have already rewired it once but now I am upgrading the electrical system with a anti gravity battery and a hotshot regrec from Ricks aswell as anew stator from Rick's aswell. I would like to use better wire possible even color correct or a little closer than it is. For example my power wires are all red,and I would like to make them orange with the correct color stripes. Just orange will do though. My biggest concern is the quality of the wire. I'd appreciate any info you have ,thanks.

Before you buy any wire, have you already bought the "regrec"? If not, DON'T.

Get an SH775 regulator, instead. There are MANY threads here about its advantages.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I bought the the hotshot regrec from Rick's electric to go with the lithium ion battery I bought. I dont believe the sh775 is compatible. From what I read it is for lead acid batterys

Comment

I have no experience with Rick's products, but have seldom heard much good about lithium batteries.

What was your incentive to switch to a lithium battery?

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          I have no experience with Rick's products, but have seldom heard much good about lithium batteries.

What was your incentive to switch to a lithium battery?

I needed something smaller aswell as sealed To make it disappear under the seat . Maney aftermarket company's recommended aswell as sell Rick's products and anti gravity batterys. I also continued to see people use these products in YouTube videos. If I could figure out the whole photobucket thing I would post picks.

Comment

You don’t need photobucket. Imgur works fine. Instruction linked in my signature.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Working...
            X