Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cipher
    replied
    Sunstar is the largest OEM supplier of motorcycle and all terrain vehicle (ATV) sprockets and brake discs in the world.

Leave a comment:

• rphillips
    replied
    Some links would show resistance, I call it tight spots. If you adjust your chai while on a tight spot, it will be loose when the wheel turns a little, to a loose spot. If you adjust it at a loose spot, when the wheel turns it will hit the tight spot and be too tight. Just part of chain drive bikes... No wrong answers, but wait and install all new at the same time would seem reasonable.

Leave a comment:

• Mat
    replied
    Thanks, will go the ebay way for the rear sprocket even if this takes some time.

While I was hand turning the wheel, my old chain had some links that would show resistance on the front sprocket, I'm getting rid of it even if the problem disapeared after a good kerosene cleanup and lubrication. I had adjusted that chain perfect and after a 25 miles ride the chain showed some slack again...

Will replace the chain today for safety and wait for the sprockets to show up later

Leave a comment:

• Rob S.
    replied
    New chain to go with new sprockets- I like it.

Leave a comment:

• rphillips
    replied
    Plenty on ebay, unless you're looking for something special... put in Suzuki gs400 sprocket set 16/45... they have a set both sprockets and chain... or remove set and buy them individual.

Leave a comment:

• Mat
    started a topic Advice needed for a sprocket ratio of 16 / 45

Advice needed for a sprocket ratio of 16 / 45

I want to replace both sprockets but can only source a 16 tooth front sprocket and no 45 tooth rear sprocket. Located in Canada, fortnine and local dealers don't carry the rear sprocket.

What are my options on a GS400E?

Any place I can order one?
Working...
X