Loose Shift Lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loose Shift Lever

1980 Suzuki GSX400E. Somethings up with the shift lever.
    If the bolt is fully tightened down the lever doesn’t move at all. If the bolt is just a little loose it’ll move but no matter if it’s a little loose or a lot loose it stills moves around like crazy. I’ve taken it off and compared what i have to the parts diagram and it seems everything is there. Anybody know a fix? i seen an old post with about the shift lever but all the photos were gone.​

Comment

Is # 27 in place or worn out ??? Sorry for the small picture

shifter 2.png

Current:
      1993 ZX11 - 2nd build in progress
      1977 GS750 (710 is getting closer)
      1998 Kawasaki Voyager - selling
      1998 Chevy C2500
      1999 Rav4

Comment

mine looks like this
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

The bush inside the lever is worn, and probably the pin it rides on, too. Likely the rose joints are knackered, into the bargain.
          Doesn't take much wear to bugger it up.
          You could buy yourself some time by making some shim metal to bush inside the worn portion, but it's a shonky fix at best.
          ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Wondering which wears more, the OD of the pin or the ID of the lever? Hopefully inside of pedal.
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Carefully open it up enough to get a file in there, it won't need much off. Fit a new bolt if it's worn too
              1978 GS750C

Comment

Working...
              X