Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of resurrecting the 650 soon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of resurrecting the 650 soon...

Calling on the gurus here. Wanting to order up the parts to hopefully get my 650G back running this year (probably in the fall). In the past have always just ordered up my parts from the Suzi dealer and been satisfied. Will call them later today for some pricing.

The most immediate and obvious problem is the base gasket leak. Are the gaskets sold as a set or individually? Thinking maybe to replace all of them but then again, the others seem to be fine. Cam Tensioner has always had goo on it, so a new gasket for there is probably in order as well.

Also thinking of doing the carb boots/o-rings. Always had a bit of an airleak and as I have the funds now might as well? Easy enough to do too.

My Clymers manual is at home, so will be relying on the service dude at Suzuki to help me with parts.

Think CycleOrings will be the best source for those.

If there's anything I should be certain to include please let me know.

Hi,

CLICK HERE and read your "mega-welcome" again. There's a TON of good information in there.

For important gaskets like the base gasket/O-ring and head gasket, the original Suzuki parts are recommended over the parts in the aftermarket "gasket sets". Lately it seems many here have had issues with the base gaskets in the Vesrah and Athena gasket sets.

The "mega-welcome" link above has a fairly extensive list of all of our favorite vendors. For OEM parts I think you will find that www.cyclepartsnation.com, www.partshark.com, and www.gssuzuki.com will have the lowest pricing. But shop around a little and don't forget to include the shipping charges for a total price.

You can download a factory service manual from my website. Use it in addition to the Clymer manual.

Cycleorings.com will have carb O-rings and carb boot O-rings, and carb boot fasteners, but he won't have the carb boots themselves.

See Mr. bwringer's excellent guide on cam chain tensioner repair.

EDIT: I must apologize. It seems that you joined this illustrious body before I did. So you may never have received my soon-to-be-patented "mega-welcome". Still, I hope you find the information there helpful.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 08-06-2010, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X