Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how can I check ?

Comment

so nothing on the header side? I swear mine sounded just like that but not as loud when pipe #1 was connected loose. I tightened up the rear mount before the head and made it not slide all the way in.

Comment

Originally posted by Im Faster View Post
        how can I check ?
        Oh boy thats a big one. I was just in my engine to the valve oil seals where you could check the guides... IF thats the issue it involves taking the valve cover off, the exhaust system, the cams, the head, then taking the valves apart and then putting it all back together with a minimum of new base and head gasket. I included cylinder orings, piston rings, valve oil seals, and fresh honing for good measure.

I would stick to the basic before you dig into the engine, and if so start with checking the valve cover gasket. Has it been burning oil? if the guides are going wouldnt it burn more oil?

Comment

I don't know if this will work on a bike motor, but a car motor can be tested for worn valve guides using a vacuum gauge.

If at idle the needle fluctuates between 14" and 19" it indicates worn valve guides or a blown head gasket between two cylinders.

Could be worth a try. Hook each carby up individually and see what happens.

Comment

tightened the exhaust to no avail

Comment

okay.... it is coming form the top part of the carbs.. i sprayed soapy water all over the top part and it got quite then stopped..

its very faint now..

however the bike is idling at 4000+RPM!!!!

Comment

UPDATE/!!!!!
                FOUND THE SQUEAK...

it was from the fuel enriching mechanism(choke)
                it had a missing screw!

now just gotta fix the super high idle..

fix one problem to find another..

this is gonna be a brand new bike soon

Comment

Originally posted by Im Faster View Post
                  UPDATE/!!!!!
                  FOUND THE SQUEAK...

it was from the fuel enriching mechanism(choke)
                  it had a missing screw!

now just gotta fix the super high idle..

fix one problem to find another..

this is gonna be a brand new bike soon
                  Ehhh... Which screws are you talking about? I don't see how a missing screw could make that noise unless it's actually an adjustment screw and if that's the case those are your pilot jet adjusters and that would/could explain your high idle. PM me your phone number... I'm off work tomorrow and maybe I could pop by and have a look for you...

Josh

Comment

remember these carburetors are different the choke mechanism is different on the 2 carb setup...i will get picture later

Comment

Working...
                    X