Saddlemen Seat Kit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saddlemen Seat Kit??

Has anyone used the Saddlemen seat rebuild kit? I'm considering it. The original foam and cover are not doing well, and I don't want to wait for someone else to work on my seat (if I'm delaying riding the bike, I can't blame anyone else).

Yes, we have one.

Check the picture of my wife's 850 in my sig.

She enjoys it greatly.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I have a cover, not sure if the foam is original or not. One thing that bothers me, is that the cover is a little porous. If its caught out in the rain for a little while, I can wipe the seat off, but I still get wet crotch. I don't know if this is the case with all of their products, but it is with mine.

Comment

Order placed. Thanks to you both for your input!
        Brian

Comment

You will get comments about your "ugly" seat, but you can't see it while you are ejoying its comfort, so dont' worry about it.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I got a similar one made for an 850L with the stepped pan, I made it fit pretty good on my 650L you can check my project thread for a few pictures. My pan was in pretty rough shape but used the tabs that still functioned and rivets where it didnt. So far so good.

Comment

Kit arrived on the 25th (as Dennis Kirk estimated) and after cleaning-up the pan, the cover/foam slipped onto it just perfect! Minor issues with some tabs snapping-off due to rust, but made it work. I sit up on the bike about 2-3" higher now (looking over the Vetter fairing windshield)...amazing what good seat foam will do!!

Comment

Working...
              X