Side Cover Grommets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side Cover Grommets

Does anyone have a source for those rubber grommets that are used on the plastic side covers?

any suzuki dealer

Comment

Yep picked up three of them for $8 from my dealer.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I need to go get a few for my bike too !

Comment

That's great, thanks.

Comment

I have one of the plastic studs from my left sidecover missing and I am interested in knowing if anyone has managed to figure out how to glue or plastic weld on a new one. Is there a DIY tutorial on something like this?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
              I have one of the plastic studs from my left sidecover missing and I am interested in knowing if anyone has managed to figure out how to glue or plastic weld on a new one. Is there a DIY tutorial on something like this?
              From my subscribed threads I've got this one http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=163513

Comment

Thanks for that link SVSooke.

Comment

Hardware store grommets will work fine.

Comment

I found a nice DIY on fixing side panel tabs at this link. Looks like a good fix.

Comment

Ordered all my side panel grommets today and picked up an oil filter while i was there for good measure.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

I had to make a stud post for my '82 GS1100E sidecover. Using the other sidecover stud for an example, I took a similiar sized bolt and cut it the right length, then I took the largest and thickest washer I could find and cut threads in it, screwed the bolt into the washer then I gorilla glued it together, then grind the bottom smooth. Then I grinded the bolt head to the shape of the working one, sanded smooth the
                        panel and gorilla glued the washer/bolt to the sidecover. I made it just slightly smaller and it works better than the original.
                        I also used a flat piece of copper to replace a missing tab, cut and shaped like the original, made a bend in it so it would fit flush against the inside of the side cover and gorilla glued it. Stronger than the original! works just as well, looks funky though.

Steve
                        sigpic
                        Steve
                        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Working...
                        X