Title search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Title search

Just run acrost a 77 GS that I can pick up CHEAP!! Problem--no title.. Does anyone have any resorces about doing a title search?? As far as I know this bike was not titled in Iowa, but I might be wrong. The story is its been sold about half a dozen times without a title. HELP

Eric

It might help to know what state you currently live in. Laws differ state-to-state.

Comment

...and some states are relatively easy, and some states (like here in FL) are a real PITA. So much so, in fact, that I won't even bother anymore. I've gone thru the channels a time or two and gone the 'out-of-state' title sevices a time or two, but they just keep getting tougher and tougher.

Almost always, it starts with a VIN number check by your local police. It goes on from there.

Good luck with it, and keep us updated on the process and how it's working.

Kirk

Comment

Live here in Iowa. I know the head lady at the county licence office, she sent the VIN onto the state level. She also told me what would happen if that bike was not titled in Iowa. I could file for a title, then bond the bike, then the state would issue me a title.

We'll see if its that easy. Nice to have someone in that position.

She is also a member of ABATE of Iowa, and in my same district... Hows that for connections!!

I'll keep you updated.

Eric

Comment

Working...
        X