Battery Electrolyte Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Electrolyte Question

This is a little off topic, but I just received a battery for a little old Honda Twinstar. I didn't put much thought into it and ordered it from the fiche of powersportspro.com Well, it was delivered to day and of course it needs electrolyte to get it going as it ships dry. Where can I get electrolyte locally perhaps? There's a Batteries Plus in my town. I would imagine they have it, but you never now these days. Most stores don't seem to stock much of anything these days that's even remotely outdated. Home Depot? Radioshack? Make it myself somehow?

I would think Batteries Plus or a auto parts shop would be able to do something for you. Might give them a shout.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Any auto parts place. $5 at Autozone the other day for enough to fill a car battery.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

+1 on the auto parts stores. My local AutoZones and Advance Auto Parts and Napa's all carry containers of battery acid.

Comment

you should only buy interstate batteries. yuasa is a second chioce.

otherwise you are just asking for trouble.
          SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

I recently bought a BikeMaster battery and it came WITHOUT the electrolyte but I was able to get the electrolyte at O'Reillys Auto Parts, they were the only ones who had it and all they had was a gallon, only cost me like eleven dollars.
            Luckily I had all that left over electrolyte. turns out that the piece of crap brand new battery I bought lasted only six months and would no longer hold or take a charge because the cells had gone bad. I know it's not the right thing to do but I pulled out my old Yuasa battery which was replaced by the piece of crap BikeMaster and poured out the battery acid and replaced it with new electrolyte, so far it's been running fine for about four months.

Like trippivot said, "buy Interstate Batteries," I know that the clock is ticking on my current battery but when it starts to go south I'm buying an Interstate!
            http://www.visitedstatesmap.com/imag...TXUTWAWIsm.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
              I recently bought a BikeMaster battery and it came WITHOUT the electrolyte but I was able to get the electrolyte at O'Reillys Auto Parts, they were the only ones who had it and all they had was a gallon, only cost me like eleven dollars...
              Got mines at O'Reillys too. Except I bought a 1 liter for $8.

Comment

Working...
              X