Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke my seat lock

Hi there

Is there any chance of fixing it? I've got -78 750GS.

I just turned the key to open the seat. It opened fine but when I tried to lock it I turned the key wrong way and it went over - the latch didn't come out. Turned it back, wouldn't come out either. So now it doesn't come out at all. The key turns but nothing happens. Lock looks to be non serviceable. Am I correct? I tried some oil on it without any noticeable effect.

If I'll have to get a new one (can you even get a 'new'?) do I have to get a separate key for it?

Seat lock is more of a seat latch, its not that strong of a system but works for holding the seat in place.

You would likely have a different key unless you find the same, and it would be a used one not new.

If it is stuck open so you can take the seat off I would do that and remove the lock from the seat and see what you can do with it. Likely something inside got jammed up so I would blow some air through it and see if you can get it to unjam.

Maybe unrelated but my truck door latch could get stuck by closing the latch with the door open, I would have to use a screwdriver to push it back into place then it would work again normal. Sounds like maybe the mechanism inside got pushed to far and the key wont release it to open, poking around with a small screwdriver might free it up... but cant tell to well from here.

Comment

Working...
    X