Intake boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake boots

I have a 81 gs650g. Need to get some new intake boots. I already bought new o-rings , now just wondering where to get the boots themselves. Is a suzuki dealership my best bet? I didnt see any on Z1, crc, oldbikebarn, or anywhere else. Thanks guys

I think my last set came from either Z-1 or partshark. But I did buy one set from the stealership.

Comment

Carb boots are only available from Suzuki (there are no aftermarket alternatives), so you need to order them through a dealer or other source for OEM Suzuki parts.

Partshark.com and several others are dealerships that sell parts online at a discount. You order parts, Suzuki sends them the parts, then they ship to you.

Poke around on the forum for Basscliff's site -- somewhere in there is a list of online parts sources. Or toodle on down to your local Suzuki dealership and have them ordered -- not the cheapest option, but easy.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Z1 is a great place, but they don't have everything on their website. Call them, they will order it.

CRC also leaves a bit to be desired with their website. I have never gotten anything from them.

OldBikeBarn was on just about everybody's black list a couple of years ago.
        Not sure if they have improved, but back when I bothered to look at them, they were really expen$ive.
        Even if you could afford their prices, the service usually sucked, so you never ordered twice.

Look at BassCliff's welcome page (you did get one, didn't you?), there is a list of vendors there, with commentaries.

Also be aware that there are many others besides what is on BassCliff's list.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hi,

There's a list of online OEM vendors in your "mega-welcome". Chances are the best price will be at cyclepartsnation.com, gssuzuki.com, or partshark.com.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

OK thanks guys, i will give Z1 a call. And yes i got the welcome and looked through pretty much all of the sites and wasnt able to find what i was looking for. But Z1 sounds like the way to go. Thanks again!

Comment

Hi,

The carb boots, called "intake pipes" in the parts fiche, are found in the cylinder head section.

BassCliff

Comment

ok cool, I called Z1 and they are able to get them for $25 each. I ordered a set of them, i hope that price isnt bad...

Comment

Hi,

That's a decent price. Your intake boots also take O-rings, part# 09280-38004. Don't forget to replace those too. You'll need 4.

BassCliff

Comment

ok thank ya Bass. got the o rings and some new fasteners from cycleorings so I think I'm set.

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                      The carb boots, called "intake pipes" in the parts fiche, are found in the cylinder head section.
                      That is true for most of the bikes, but not all of them.

I was helping a member recently and was surprised to find that the intake boots were on the AIR FILTER fiche, not the CYLINDER HEAD.

'79 850, maybe others.

Hey, while we're playing "where's that part?", can someone tell me which fiche is hiding the rear brake switch?

Looking specifically for an 850, but have not been able to find one for ANY bike.

sigpic
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Hey, while we're playing "where's that part?", can someone tell me which fiche is hiding the rear brake switch?

Looking specifically for an 850, but have not been able to find one for ANY bike.

It's on the "wiring harness" fiche.
                        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                          It's on the "wiring harness" fiche.
                          Thanks.

Sure enough, there they are, right along with the horns.

(Haven't had to look for horns yet, but now I know where they are.)

sigpic
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
                          X