Front brake questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front brake questions

Front right caliper locks up solid after applying brake, won't release without cracking the bleeder screw - need a new line or what ?

Need to clean the return port in the master cylinder. But it will happen again, unless the entire system from caliper to master cylinder is taken apart and cleaned, including the lines... It can even lock up if you don't apply the brake at all.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

When was the last time you cleaned the master cylinder and especially the return hole? How about the caliper itself?
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Thanks guys - just bought the bike a month ago and am doing a tear down/clean up. Doesn't sound too difficult ....................

Comment

Make sure that when you clean out that return port that you use a small wire strand from something like an 18 gauge wire to poke through it. Nothing else is small enough. If you don't see the wire going through into the MC, you'll want to get someone to drill you a new hole in that same position of the same size (do a search on my threads to find out what I'm talking about). I had a front MC that Suzuki for some reason never drilled out the return port hole. It caused my front brakes to lock up a couple of times before I finally found out why.
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
          X