Compatiable Petcocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compatiable Petcocks

Anyone know what years/ makes of Suzuki bikes that their petcock can work with a 700?

I've lost all trust in the current fuel delivery system.

Better yet, anyone know where I can find the spring inside the petcock or what would be useful from a hardware store?

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
      Better yet, anyone know where I can find the spring inside the petcock or what would be useful from a hardware store?
      Doesn't sound like you've "lost all trust in current fuel delivery system" just yet!
      Consensus here is rebuilding petcocks is iffy- get a new one and rule out the petcock as a problem.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Had the same problem

I've used the rebuild kits for the vacuum petcocks with little success, just order a new one. Most if not all springs at a hard ware store are gonna be to strong for the vacuum of the bike to over come. Also, have never been able to find a a dial petcock to replace the vacuum one, just no room there. Only other idea I have come up with is take out the guts of the vacuum petcock and put in a inline shut off valve. You just have to remember to turn off the fuel when ya shut down.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Already sealed off the vacuum side and plugged the vacuum port on the petcock and carb and installed a inline valve. I don't like it because its not accessable for me and doesnt flow enough fuel unless I set it to where I can reach it without pulling my seat and then side panel off.

Comment

Working...
          X