1980 GS450E Levers and Controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS450E Levers and Controls

After a little searching I couldn't find what I was looking for. So, my questions is, does anyone know what I can use for new controls on my rebuild? I will need new levers at a minimum, but would like to ultimately find something that is nearly a direct bolt-on if possible for new master cylinder and controls / levers. Has anyone out there fitted any other year OEM parts to this bike? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

try a breakers yard or ebay, almost any suzuki controls will fit. i have 600 bandit clutch and front brake on my GS1000
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

+1 on what Agemax said.

The levers on my 450E are a different colour to each other, and that's how it was when I got it, so there are definitely others that will fit.

One thing I'm going to try with mine is a later model GSXR left control switch so I can see if I can get a 'bar mounted choke happening.

Depending on the condition of the front master cylinder I may end up in the same situation as you... so keep us up to date with what you find.
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. Strycker,

Most people don't completely read through all of the information contained in the links below. There's a lot of love there. Most people can't stand it. But here goes anyway. Let me share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
        X