Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydro clutch problems #2

Hi fellas,
    I have some questions for the collative mind hive. Hydro clutches; I have a new to me Gold Wing with a stuck clutch. Many folks suggested easy ways to fix it, but I’m a hard head and had to do it my way!
    I wanted to flush the old fluid out of the lines first. I did so, it was really gunkie. I wound up taking the master cylinder off to clean it and now the piston is real sticky. Since the master is aluminum do any of you think boiling it will help get the crud out of it?
    Question 2, the slave cylinder had what looked like peanut butter in it along with gritty crud that could have been sand. NOT REAL HAPPY. I’m going to dismantle the little bugger and clean it too, but shouldn’t there have been a gasket between the slave cylinder and the clutch? When I remount the slave would some sort of sealant be a good idea to put between the metal parts?
    Thanks for your ideas and any help you can send my way. I’d also like to apologize for no pictures as I am inept when it comes to things computer.
    Bill
Working...
X