Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake boot/Air box boot questions.

Hello all.

I bought new O-rings for the intake boots and just got the screws out holding them in place (only stripped one thank god). How do I tell if I need new ones or if I can re use them? I REALLY dont have the money to spend $100+ on new ones right now as I have sunk a TON into this thing lately trying to get her ready for spring.

Same question with the air box ones... how can I tell if they are good or not? As long as there are no tears am I ok to re use?

Thanks everyone.

Steve

Look for separations around the metal mount part / cracks of course
    and they should be ok

Comment

Are the boots cracked? Are they are they no longer pliable? Can you pull the metal of the intake boots away from the rubber? If so they're almost certainly bad. Just because those things are not apparently true doesn't mean that they're good, but those are tell-tale signs of badness.

Even very small leaks can cause big problems.

Comment

Hi,

Are those intake boots 33 years old? You know you won't have any trouble with new ones. I'm just letting you know.

Small cracks that leak air are hard to see. Give them a very close inspection. They might still be usable. Hard boots make installing the carbs much less convenient. Good luck.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
        X