82 gs850gl wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 gs850gl wiring

I Have a phantom short in the stop/turn/brake circuit. every time i start to trace it then things start to work again, it usually only happens in the spring after first start. the bike runs great other than that. any ideas. really not in the mood to pull the harnes apart again!

I had almost the same thing , but with only the rear light. Try changing the bulb/globe holder. Thats what I did and it cured it. These old things pick up resistance, cracks and they short out themselves. A fuse can blow by having a wobbly globe that is not being held correctly.

I suppose the indicator bulb holders might do the same, but try to work out which side is giving you hassles.

also check your fuse block - take it off the bike and check the rear of it- the solder joints develop cracks what is called a dry joint and this will mess you around until the cows come home. Wiggle the wires, if any seem suspect resolder the connections.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. isgood,

There's no need to pull the harness apart. But it sounds like you will have to go through it and check all of the connections, clean and replace whatever is necessary, look for worn insulation, etc. Yes, it's tedious and a pain but it must be done. Check the Electrical Odd and Ends page of my website for tips, this tip in particular:

Simplify The Wiring Diagram

Anyway, let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
      X