Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with airbox install.

Hey guys,

Assembly wise everything has been easy til now. I cannot for the life of me get the airbox back on the carbs! The damn boots or whatever you want to call them will not slip back on. I have lubed them up with vaseline, and I can get one of the outer ones on but cannot get them on.

Am I doing something wrong, or going about this the wrong way? If you cant tell im very frustrated!

TIA

Steve

Are the boots hard or soft?

If they are hard, they can be a pain to get back on. You can try heating them up with a hair dryer to get them flexible enough to go on, but I prefer to get new ones.

If yours are soft and are supple, maybe there is a trick specific to your bike.

Comment

Hi Steve
      Yes, make sure they are supple and soft, if they have gone hard, like plastic, you are in for a world of frustration.
      Make sure you have them in the right order, and orietated properly.
      At the risk of stating the obvious, they are marked with a big L and R for left and right, they are not the same, but less obviousis the little marks that need to line up, one on the airbox and one on the boot, make sure they are over each other, as the boot is not straight either, they are molded at an angle, and you need to line the two marks up.
      The problem is, the marks are on the boot are inside the airbox once the boot os installed, so line up, install and mark the boot on the outside for refrence, to see that it has not rotated while refitting the airbox.

Comment

Working...
      X