Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS-Classic German Site Info

Hi,

Michael, the owner of http://www.gs-classic.de/index1e.htm has a pretty good site going over there in Germany. If you click the link below you will be taken to the Google translation page...

I know the facing page says that it's already in English but it you click the headings above, "Geschichte", "Modelle", "Technik", "Tipps", etc, you will be taken to translated pages full of information and wrenching tips. There's a lot of handy stuff there and it's worth a bookmark in your browser. I just thought I'd pass it along.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Wow! Great stuff there! Lots of info about all the GS models. I didn't even know a GS50 existed.

But this caught my eye. 1992 GSX400 SS. A mini Katana! Where can I get one!?

And this one. The "Final" Edition. 2000 Suzuki GS1100 SR Katana.

I want a Kat so bad....
    Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2011, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Great find basscliff. Lots of good info. The google translates the german into broken english. Which gave me a chuckle but it was understandable. Although as usual technical info was incorrect for GK models. Ive gotten used to that though.

FC- You can get that in europe. Dont think those made it to the US as my Katana was the sportbike style and it was an eighty nine

Comment

Originally posted by FreshStart View Post
        Great find basscliff. Lots of good info. The google translates the german into broken english. Which gave me a chuckle but it was understandable. Although as usual technical info was incorrect for GK models. Ive gotten used to that though.

FC- You can get that in europe. Dont think those made it to the US as my Katana was the sportbike style and it was an eighty nine
        Unfortunately, that is correct. Only available in Europe and maybe Japan too. But a man can dream..... I will never have one

Comment

GREAT FIND CLIFF!!!
          Hours of reading to absorb!

Thank you!

Daniel

Comment

Hahahaha! Gotta love those translations. That gives me some great quotes to add to my siggy...

- Displacement is no substitute, especially if you suffer from wanderlust and wants to casually cruise into the sunset.

- 1982 saw the GS 1100 GL Nippon sun around the world to conquer the highways.

- In Europe, the elephants were rare.

- a rare outsider and was only built until 1983.
            Who still has one, it gives her so little.
            1982 GS1100GL Citrus County, FL

a rare outsider and was only built until 1983. Who still has one, it gives her so little.

Comment

Very nice! Thanks BassCliff!
              2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (it's gone)
              1985 Suzuki Madura GV1200
              2 X 1980 Suzuki GSX1100ETs (next project
              s)

Comment

Hi,

Yes, the translations are sometimes funny.

But there's some good stuff there.

There's also a nice guy named Walter who owns the classic GS site in Italy....

The translations there might prove humorous too.

I think both Walter and Michael are members here in this forum, even if they don't post much.

BassCliff

Comment

There is an English link on the index page for the site.
                  Seems they have a human translator.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                    There is an English link on the index page for the site.
                    Seems they have a human translator.
                    Keep going. Tell me what you find.

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
                    X