GS750 tank compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750 tank compatibility

I'm trying to round up a tank for my 78 GS750. Can anyone tell me what years and bikes are the same as my tank. Also, if there are any other tanks that are a different style but will bolt on or bolt on with minor mods I would be interested in that as well. Thanks for any help.

I have a GS 750 tank that I'm not using ( I thought it would fit my GS 1000) and if you live in Europe I can get it to you for the price of the postage.
    The condition is average I would say.
    sigpicJohn Kat
    My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
    GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

Hey thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. However, I live in the states so i'm not sure what postage would be on a tank.

Comment

If you put your general location in your User CP, it may help folks that are trying to help you out.

Comment

Well then, does anyone know if a GS550 tank is the same?

Comment

550 tank is shorter than the one on the 750s

Comment

Early 850 fits (late one might as well, but I've never tried it). Makes the bike look a bit bulbous though.
              79 GS1000S
              79 GS1000S (another one)
              80 GSX750
              80 GS550
              80 CB650 cafe racer
              75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
              75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

77 to 79 750 tanks are all the same. 80 to 82 should work, maybe a minor mod or two, not completely sure. As said, the early 850 tanks will work, but they're a bit wide. When it comes down to it, any tank will work if you have time and skills or money.

Comment

I definitely don't want a larger tank, so the 850 is out.

Basically I need a tank to that I can use to modify. I don't want my bike to be down during the process so thats why I would like another tank. I was just hoping to give myself more options so I can find one reasonably priced. I dont want to deal with modifying the tunnel, so thats all that really needs to fit. I can make minor mods to the mounts if necessary.

I would actually like my tank to be a couple inches shorter. Any idea how much shorter the 550 tank is?
                  Last edited by Guest; 05-17-2011, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X