Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear fender for a '79 gs 850

Hey ya'll
    I'm new to the forum and to the suzuki motorcycle community and I need some assistance. I just bought a 1979 gs 850 off of a buddy of mine and it needs some work.

I'm gonna start with the rear fender, the tail lights don't work and I want to get rid of the storage compartment behind the seat (I just don't care for the look and it's broken). I found a fender with a brake light but no turn signals. I'm also looking for a seat that isn't going to cost me a fortune.

My main question is if parts from a newer bike, probably up until 1985 would fit my bike. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. ztrucker86,

Feel free to check the "Parts for Sale" and post in the "Parts Wanted" sections. Blinkers can be had for cheap (www.partsnmore.com has good prices on stuff like that). Not so much for the seat. If your seat pan is good you can rebuild it with a foam kit and new seat cover. Or take it to an upholstery shop or ship it to a place like Sargent's that does seat restoration. See the links below for more information.

Anyway, let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS850G lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 06-20-2011, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X