Anyone use Restore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use Restore?

RESTORE Engine Restorer is the only product proven to repair worn cylinders and restore compression back to near original levels.

This is an oil with what seems to be aluminum powdeer in it. it supposedly fills in gaps worn in the cylinder walls and increases compression.

Anyone have experience with this? Will it reduce the tranny to junk?

Thanks,

Steve
    NH

Originally posted by chobers View Post
    http://www.restoreusa.com/?gclid=CPj...Fct95Qod3RPhaQ

This is an oil with what seems to be aluminum powdeer in it. it supposedly fills in gaps worn in the cylinder walls and increases compression.

Anyone have experience with this? Will it reduce the tranny to junk?

Thanks,

Steve
    NH
    Personally, I would desperately avoid any oil additives and I'm noted for trying miracle cures like Seafoam. What bike, and you are having poor compression? If it has sat idle for a while, forget worrying about compression till it has run for a while.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Sounds like snake oil to me. Also sounds like it might plug up oil galleries and such.

Comment

And possibly contaminate the clutch plates and fibers..i wouldnt use it myself.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

used it

I have used it with success in completely worn out automobile engines. It does increase the compression enough to notice and it did no harm that I could see. It stopped blow by in a old amc inline 6 I had for over a year till the main bearing wore out.

But, I agree with other posters, wouldnt be good for the clutch, and the oil passages, I would never use it in a GS, or any bike with a wet clutch. Jerry

Comment

Working...
          X