83 gs750e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 gs750e

just bought a 83 gs750e i got it running but the tac doesnt work,i looked for a tac cable on the valve cover and dont see where it would be am i missing something, also the rear tire has the cords showing so i need a replacement what is the largest i can run,and can the handle bars be adjusted thanx for any help,

Welcome aboard...

BassCliff will be along with an official welcome shortly. But in the mean time here's a link to his site. There you will find a service manual for your bike and much more. I took a quick look at the wiring diagram and it appears the 1983 has an electroninc tach with the signal fed off the coils.

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
    sigpic
    1981 Suzuki GS750E (one owner), 1982 Suzuki GS750T (my "tinker" toy), Previous (First) Bike: 1979 GS425 (long gone)
    2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (new to me in 11/2011)

Comment

The bike has an electric tach so no cable, and the rear tire will be a 130/90/17 as the largest you can fit with out modifying the rear caliper stay arm
      1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
      80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
      1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
      83 gs750ed- first new purchase
      85 EX500- vintage track weapon
      1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
      “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
      If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Yup, it has an electonic tach, if it is not working, check the wiring to it. If it is jumping around and not accurate, there are a couple of threads on how to repair the tach.

Comment

Nice ,another 83 750 in the mix.Adore my 85(2 sig threads).Welcome.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. obgrayone,

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed. I will put you on my prayer list.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
              The bike has an electric tach so no cable, and the rear tire will be a 130/90/17 as the largest you can fit with out modifying the rear caliper stay arm
              I've been surfing around here and see there are se 160 or 170 on there bikes .they talk about switching runs what rims fit ,I like the fat tire look that I had on my gixxer .next the wires are hooked up on the tac but it don't move and any gear chamging advice it sounds like the rpm's r up there at 70 mph

Comment

Originally posted by obgrayone View Post
                I've been surfing around here and see there are se 160 or 170 on there bikes .they talk about switching runs what rims fit ,I like the fat tire look that I had on my gixxer .next the wires are hooked up on the tac but it don't move and any gear chamging advice it sounds like the rpm's r up there at 70 mph
                Alot of the ones you are seeing and hearing about have changed the rim and in some cases the swingarm . I have a 83 750 E that I bought brand new in 83 and in stock form a 130 is the most that will fit and that don't leave alot of clearance on the brake caliper stay rod. If you want to change wheels and other components the sky is the limit on how wide of tire you can fit.
                1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

I replaced the rear spocket only with a 38 tooth sprocket, on the highway, it can cruise our a whole tank at 5000rpm at 120km/h. Around town, starting out in first is occasionally a challenge on up hills, the 38 is quite a bit smaller than the one that was on there. You also need to remove 3, I am pretty sure 3 links from the chain.

Comment

Working...
                  X